Okay, I will admit I have not had a Resse’s butter cup in a very long time but pretty sure these bad boys are just as good! With Halloween coming up you can’t walk through a store with out being tempted by massive amounts of candy, so I needed something to kill those candy cravings, and these did just the trick!
I used all raw and organic products which really makes these pretty guilt free. You can use any form of the ingredients, but note that different peanut butters can really affect the “healthiness” of these buttercups.
Make sure you don’t flatten out your peanut butter balls too much, you want to keep them on the thicker side so they resemble an actual store bought butter cup.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Recipe
1 cup raw peanut butter, smooth (or peanut butter of your choice)
5 dried pitted dates
5 Tbsp coconut oil
4 Tbsp coco powder
2 Tbsp honey or agave
1. In a high powered blender or food processor ( I use my vitamix) blend peanut butter and dates until smooth. Add 1 Tbsp of Coconut oil and continue blending. Mixture should be thick, you may add a tablespoon of almond flour if you don’t find it to be thick enough.
2. Spoon out a small amount of peanut butter mixture and roll in to a ball, then flatten and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for 20 − 30 minutes.
3. While the peanut butter is freezing prepare chocolate mixture. Put the remaining 4 Tbsp of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat until slightly melted, around 20 seconds. You don’t want it to be completely liquid, you just want the coconut oil to be soften and a little runny. Then add the coco powder and honey to the bowl, mix well. If your chocolate mixture is too runny place in the fridge for a few minutes, if not runny enough put back in the microwave for a few more seconds.
4. Dip each peanut butter cookie in to the chocolate and coat completely. Place back on to the lined parchment paper. Once all cookies are completely coated place in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.
5. Store in the refrigerator.
Hope you all enjoy these as much as I do!